Uninsured Motorist Coverage: Rhode Island

Wanting to know whether Rhode Island uninsured motorist insurance is a good idea? Yes uninsured motorist coverage is required by law in the state of Rhode Island, and you need to get it, as recent studies carried out by the Insurance Research Council (IRC) indicate that around 14% of Rhode Island motorists are driving without being insured.

So how does uninsured motorist protection work? Generally, uninsured motorist insurance will cover personal injuries to the policyholder when the injury is attributed to an uninsured, underinsured, or hit-and-run driver. Uninsured motorist coverage is often termed Rhode Island hit and run insurance.

If you don’t have uninsured motorist insurance, you may have to cover medical costs connected with a car accident for which you were not responsible.

Rhode Island uninsured motorist insurance doesn’t need to cost you lots of money. It is crucial to compare rates on Rhode Island uninsured motorist coverage between insurers. For that reason we allow you to compare rates from the leading providers of Rhode Island UM/UIM coverage – online!

Rhode Island Uninsured Motorist Law

UM/UIM Coverage Required: Yes. To be fully insured in the state of Rhode Island, a road user must have a certain amount of insurance. Below are the liability protections they need to have:

  1. For a single individual injured in an accident: $25,000
  2. For all persons injured in an accident: $50,000
  3. For damage to property in an accident: $25,000

Without this much coverage, a driver will be underinsured. In this case, UM/UIM protection should pay the disparity between the amount the driver to blame can pay off, and how much is supposed to be paid.

Accident With an Uninsured Motorist in Rhode Island?

Were you hit by a motorist who was not insured? It certainly seems unjust to be refused damages just because the other motorist who caused the accident didn’t acquire insurance, and the jury may agree. If you need to make an uninsured driver or hit and run legal claim in Rhode Island, you need legal counsel.