Uninsured Motorist Coverage: Iowa

Trying to figure out whether you need Iowa uninsured motorist coverage? Even though uninsured motorist insurance is not compulsory in Iowa, you should get it. That is because recent studies performed by the Insurance Research Council indicate that as much as 12% of Iowa drivers are driving uninsured.

Generally, uninsured motorist protection covers you in cases where you are injured in an accident where the other driver is responsible, but uninsured. Uninsured motorist protection is often known as Iowa hit-and-run insurance.

Despite the fact that you weren’t in the wrong, you could find yourself stuck with damages coming from an accident with an uninsured motorist – if you don’t add uninsured motorist coverage to your insurance policy, that is! If you haven’t got uninsured motorist coverage, we can help.

Fortunately, we have partnered with an extensive array of Iowa insurance providers who can offer you uninsured motorist insurance. Enter you zip code to compare rates!

Iowa Uninsured Motorist Law

No, Iowa uninsured motorist coverage is not required. If someone does not carry 20/40/15 worth of coverage (in thousands of dollars) for bodily injuries and damage to property, they is not fully insured. In cases like this, UM/UIM protection ought to cover the difference between what the driver responsible is able to pay off, and the amount that is due.

Hit By an Uninsured Motorist in Iowa?

If you were injured by an uninsured vehicle in Iowa, you may have the right to legal recourse. It certainly seems unjust to be denied payment just because the other car owner did not invest in insurance, and the judge may be in agreement. Don’t forget, it’s essential to get legal counsel to review your uninsured motorist or hit and run claim.